Thursday, September 11, 2014

Art in the Mean Time

Taking a little intermission from the South End Art Hop Recap to share some of our most recent work with you. Now that I've gone back to full-time hours at my day job, there isn't as much time to create, but we're still trying.

I'm working away at my art journal and doodle-a-day challenge as time allows. E helped me create the "love" page. I put on a gesso coat first and let it dry. Then she helped add acrylic layers of paint on top. I used an upside-down yogurt container to make swirls in the paint, added some blotted-on gesso, then used a stencil to make the neon-pink heart, stamps to finish it!

While we're taking a little recap holiday, feel free to check out our Kids Art Source VT Board on Pinterest (here) for fall project ideas and more!

As always, you can share your art with us by using #kasvtgallery on Instagram and view our reader-submitted artwork on our gallery page (here).

No comments:

Post a Comment