Monday, September 15, 2014

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

And the art journaling continues! I think it would have been simpler if I had created a cut-out of the Camel's Hump mountain range to paint over. I ended up sketching it with a white crayon, from memory (hmm). It was the only thing in my travel art kit at the time, and I was too lazy to get out of bed to find a pencil. Lesson learned.

The good: The paint wouldn't stick to the wax crayon line.
The bad: Neither would the black ink of my Micron pen. I had to do multiple coats. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I'll have to fine tune some of these steps before selling prints.

The ugly: I don't know how pretty this one will be. Will have to see when I'm done!

Now that I'm feeling more confident, I'm going to start painting these on some nice, watercolor paper and selling them in my shop!

Do you have any favorite mountain ranges in Vermont? I'd love to paint and tangle them!


No comments:

Post a Comment